Five children in Texas – level 2
A couple in Texas welcomed not just one baby, but five. The babies were born at 29 weeks, and they weigh from two pounds and seven ounces to three pounds and six ounces (from 1.1 to 1.5 kilograms).
Around 24 medical staff helped in the birth of the babies. The babies were really small and cute. The mother couldn’t wait to get her hands on them. The couple’s neighbours and friends promised to help with the babies.
The mother miscarried a few times, so she used fertility drugs. The parents also have a two-year-old son.
Difficult words: staff (workers), miscarry (when a baby dies before it is born), fertility drug (drug which helps women have a baby).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have any brothers or sisters?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.