Floods in South Carolina – level 2
More than 0.6 metres of rain fell in three days in some parts of South Carolina. The state is flooded. Nine people died and hundreds of people were trapped in homes and cars.
One video, which a drone filmed, shows the situation from above. People also filmed the floods and posted the videos to social media.
Difficult words: flooded (to be covered in water), trapped (to be not able to leave), drone (a small plane without a pilot).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the floods?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos