Global Population in 2100 – level 2
The UN wrote a report about the global population. It estimates that the population will grow from 7.7 billion now to 10.9 billion in 2100. The Pew Research Centre looked at this report and wrote its own report.
Five African countries in 2050 and one Asian country in 2100 will have the biggest population growth. Pew also said that while there is going to be more people, the growth rate will fall because the average fertility rate will fall.
The UN said that based on its report, the world’s population will grow, get smaller, or stop changing.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.