Goats Fly with Helicopter – level 2
People moved around 375 mountain goats from one national park to another by helicopter. Both of the parks are in the State of Washington in the Pacific Northwest.
The goats in the Olympic National Park were trampling sensitive plants and disturbing soil. In 2010, an aggressive goat even killed a hiker.
The goats are native to the Cascades National Park where people moved them.
Difficult words: trample (step on, walk over and crush), disturb soil (mess up, break up the ground), be native to (be originally from).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos