Graffiti in Subway – level 3
A world-renowned street artist named Banksy created a new coronavirus-inspired artwork on the London Underground.
The piece ´If You Don´t Mask, You Don´t Get´ was painted inside a Circle line carriage, and it encouraged people to wear face coverings while on public transport.
However, by the time Banksy unveiled the work on his Instagram account, it had already been removed by Transport for London cleaning crew, in line with its strict anti-graffiti policy. Many commuters, regard graffiti as something threatening and unwelcoming, and in the current atmosphere of the coronavirus pandemic, commuters are happy that the cleaners did their job quickly.
All public transport users in London must wear a face covering, and Transport of London said that it appreciated Banksy´s effort to encourage people to do so. It added that Banksy would get a chance to do a new version of his message in a suitable location.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.