Great Model of the Solar System – level 2
There is a lot which we don’t know about the universe. What we know is that it’s really, really big. The solar system, for example, is extremely small compared to the whole universe.
Two filmmaker friends said that every picture of the Solar System is wrong – the pictures are not to scale. The friends decided to make a model which is to scale. They created the model in the Nevada desert.
A marble represented each planet, and each marble was lit by a LED light. The planets moved around in the desert at night. The filmmakers turned this into a film. Go check it out!
Difficult words: to scale (if things on a map are to scale, they are as small or as big as they should be compared to other things on the map), marble (a small ball of coloured glass), verb: light – lit – lit.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this model of the solar system?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.