Hawaiian Volcano Destroys Homes – level 2
Lava continues to flow from fissures in Hawaii’s volcano. It has destroyed five homes. Despite the danger, some residents do not want to evacuate.
One resident said that living on Hawaii is both good and bad because the place is beautiful, but people are living on an active volcano. Another resident said that the lava filled up the area in about three hours.
Scientists think that lava will continue to come from the volcano, but they are unsure where or when this will happen.
Difficult words: fissure (a deep crack in the ground), resident (a person who lives somewhere), evacuate (leave to get away from danger).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos