Helicopter without pilots – level 2
For the first time, a military helicopter flew without pilots. There were two flights on Saturday and Monday, and they lasted about 30 minutes. There were no passengers on board.
Engineers installed a special technology in the helicopter which made it possible to fly without pilots. The Black Hawk helicopter flew through a simulated city, and then it landed perfectly at Fort Campbell, US.
This technology helps pilots to focus on missions instead of flying helicopters. They fly in many types of weather, at night, and when they can’t see very well. The military hopes that it will make missions more successful.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.