Honey on a road – level 1
Something happens in Los Angeles. A truck goes on a highway. The truck carries honey. An accident happens. The truck turns over.
The honey gets out of the truck onto the road. Part of the highway is closed. People clean the honey. A special truck comes. The special truck moves the crashed truck.
No other cars have problems. Nobody is hurt.
Difficult words: truck (big car), highway (big road where cars go fast), turn over (to fall so the truck can no longer move), hurt (to have problems with the body.
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like honey?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.