Honey on a road – level 2
A truck which was carrying 42 thousand pounds (19 tons) of honey overturned in Los Angeles last Monday.
The honey flowed from the truck onto the highway. Clean-up operation was launched and four lanes of the highway had to be closed. A tow truck also arrived to lift the crashed truck.
No other cars were involved in the crash, and nobody was injured.
Difficult words: overturn (get upside down), launch (start), tow truck (truck which moves other trucks).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like honey?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.