Indonesia Plane Crash – level 2
Last week, a plane crashed into the sea, only four minutes after it took off from Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia.
It was raining when the plane took off, and the weather forecast was not very good. According to authorities, the plane’s altitude changed very quickly, and the plane disappeared off the radar. Officials were able to track the plane in the sea, and they sent search and rescue ships to the place of the crash. The chances that somebody survived were little, but officials promised to search for the bodies.
Two years ago, there was another plane crash in Indonesia. It was the Boeing 737 MAX which had many problems. The plane which crashed last week was a Boeing, too, but a different type.
Difficult words: altitude (how high above the sea level something is), radar (a device which can see where something is and people see it on a screen), survive (to stay alive after an accident).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos