International Yoga Day is here – level 2
June 21st is International Yoga Day. 30,000 people in India did yoga on that day, and one of them was the Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi.
He told the world to embrace yoga because it helps people connect with themselves, know themselves better and increase their potential.
The people proved that anyone can do yoga – even 65-year-old heads of state.
Difficult words: embrace (accept something, like it), increase (make something higher, better), potential (human qualities).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.