Joke about a petrol station – level 1
A petrol station has a new boss. The petrol station is in a small village. The boss wants to make more money. So he writes on the door, “Free sex when you buy a lot of petrol”.
One man comes. His name is Hugo. He buys a lot of petrol and he asks for the free sex.
The boss tells him, “Tell me a number from 1 to 10.” Hugo says, “8”. The boss says, “You were near. The number was 7. Sorry. No sex today.”
The next week, Hugo comes with his friend Augustin. Hugo buys a lot of petrol again. He asks for free the sex. The boss wants the correct number again. Hugo says, “2” this time. The owner says, “Hm, sorry, it was 3. No sex today.”
Hugo is not happy and he tells his friend Augustin, “I think it is a marketing trick and there is no free sex.”
Augustin says, “No, it isn’t a trick. My wife won twice last week.”
Free jokes for students of English organised into three levels of difficulty.
What do you think about the joke?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.