Joke about a petrol station – level 2
A petrol station owner is trying to make more sales in a small village, so he writes on the door, “Free sex for a full tank”. People start coming in bigger numbers. One of the first people is Hugo. He fills his tank and asks for the free sex.
The owner tells him, “Tell me a number from 1 to 10.” Hugo says, “8”. The owner says, “Hm, you were close. The number was 7. Sorry. No sex this time.”
Next week Hugo comes with his friend Augustin. Hugo fills his tank again and asks for the free sex again. The owner asks him for a correct number again. Hugo says, “2” this time. The owner says, “Sorry, it was 3. No sex today.”
Hugo is angry and he tells his friend Augustin, “I think it is a marketing trick and there is no free sex.”
Augustin says, “No it isn’t a trick. My wife won twice last week.”
Free jokes for students of English organised into three levels of difficulty.
What do you think about the joke?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.