Jungle Marathon – level 2
Fifty athletes from all over the world took part in a jungle rainforest marathon. They ran, walked and climbed through 254 kilometres of the Brazilian rainforest. The marathon, which is known for being very difficult, was held for the 12th time this year.
There were six separate stages. Only 31 of the 50 people managed all six of them. They had to cross swamps, water crossings, and jungle terrain. They ran a marathon in conditions like nowhere else on Earth.
Difficult words: separate (different), stage (a part, a section), swamp (a low-lying area with dirty water).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos