Killer´s Message – level 2
The Zodiac Killer is the name that police use for a serial killer who killed people in Northern California, US, in 1960s and 1970s.
The police still do not know the killer´s identity today. The killer sent letters and cards to newspapers in San Francisco. He wrote about the people he killed and how he did it. He also sent four ciphers. Experts, as well as ordinary people, tried to read the messages, but it was very hard.
Last week, an Australian mathematician and two other men solved one of the killer´s messages. It did not help police find out who the man was, but the killer wrote the message in a special way. Police hope that they will know the killer´s name one day.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.