Leopard in a Village in India – level 2
A leopard strayed into a village in India. People started panicking. Someone took a video of the incident. It shows a man who tried to scare the leopard with a stick.
The leopard attacked three people and they went to hospital. Police later tried to find the leopard, but they were not successful.
The leopard strayed into the village from a nearby forest. Wild animals and humans often come into contact in India. This is because people are destroying the animals’ habitats.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What would you do if you saw a leopard where you lived?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.