Leopard in a Village in India – level 3
A leopard strayed from a nearby forest into a village in eastern India’s West Bengal state, creating chaos and panic amongst villagers. A video, that a witness took, shows a man trying to scare the animal away with a stick.
One of three injured villagers, who people rushed to hospital, said that the leopard pounced on the man when he was looking at the animal with others. Police and forest officials searched for the big cat in the area, but they were unable to find it.
The destruction of wild habitats in India is one of the main reasons for humans and wild animals coming into contact. Wild animals like leopards and panthers often enter inhabited areas in India in search of food.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What would you do if you saw a leopard where you lived?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.