Longest Tongue in the World – level 1
A man from California has the longest tongue in the world. It measures 10.13 centimetres. That is almost four inches!
His tongue can be useful. He can eat ice cream easily. When he meets someone new, they always want to see his tongue. He sticks his tounge out. This can be a little strange.
The man says long tongues run in his family. His younger brother has a long tongue, too.
Difficult words: useful (helpful), stick (put), strange (not normal).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to have a long tongue?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos