Michael Jackson’s House – level 1
Michael Jackson was a singer. He was the King of Pop. He died in 2009. He was 50 years old. He died because of a drug overdose.
In California, he had a home. He called it the “Neverland Ranch”. He bought it in 1987 for 19.5 million dollars. Now, the house is on sale. You can buy it for 100 million dollars.
Difficult words: was (past of “is”), overdose (when you take too much of a drug), bought (past of “buy”).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like MJ’s music?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.