Microchips in the skin – level 1
An office in Sweden does something very different. It implants microchips in its workers. One worker thinks that this is scary and exciting.
The workers use the microchips to do things. The microchips open doors. They share contact information about people. They run the copy machine.
The boss at the office likes the microchips. He says that they can do even more things. They can send information to doctors. Only you choose where to send the information from your microchip.
Difficult words: implant (to put in the body), microchip (a small electronic part), exciting (when you feel very interested in something),
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you get a microchip in your body?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.