More expensive beer – level 3
The Danish brewer Carlsberg said it would raise beer prices this year to offset the rising costs of ingredients and transportation.
Prices of raw materials have risen across the world for many industries. Supply struggled to keep up with demand as countries recovered from the pandemic last year. Overall costs per liter of beer increased as much as 12%, and Carlsberg acknowledged higher prices could negatively impact customers.
In 2021, Carlsberg’s net profit increased by 13% despite bars and restaurants closing some of its markets. This year, the company expects the net profit to increase again. Carlsberg is now looking at more markets to focus on ciders, seltzers, alcohol-free beverages, and premium brands.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.