Nazi hideout in Argentina – level 1
Archaeologists in Argentina find some old buildings. The buildings were for the Nazi leaders. The Nazi leaders could hide in them. This was at the end of World War II.
The buildings were in a good hiding place. This place was safe. It was hard to get to. The archaeologists also find some German coins.
The archaeologists say that the Nazis did not go to the place. The Nazis could live in Argentina. They did not have to hide.
Difficult words: archaeologist (a person who learns about things from the past), hide (to make it hard for people to find you), Nazi (a German in World War II).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about these ruins?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.