Nazi hideout in Argentina – level 2
Archaeologists in Argentina believe that they found ruins of a Nazi hideout in northern Argentina. They found the ruins in a place that would be good for hiding — it was near the border with Paraguay and it was protected and inaccessible. They think that the ruins were for the leaders of the Nazi government to use at the end of World War II.
They say that the Nazis did not use the hideout because they were able to live in the towns and cities of Argentina without problems.
Difficult words: archaeologist (a person who studies things from the past), ruin (pieces of a building), inaccessible (hard to get to).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about these ruins?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.