New classification of guns – level 1
Many Americans have a gun. Some people buy a gun to feel safe. They don’t want to hurt anyone. Sadly, some people want to hurt someone.
The FBI checks who buys a gun. In the last two years, the FBI checks 78 million of gun purchases in the US. The number is high. They do not know who buys a gun and why.
They will be able to know soon. The biggest credit card companies will make a category for guns and bullets. The category will show If someone buys a gun. In the past, guns and bullets belong to the same category as many purchases.
Difficult words: purchase (when someone buys something), category (a group of similar things), bullet (a small metal object inside a gun).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos