New record in bungee jumping – level 2
A 40 year-old man set a new world record. He bungee jumped 158 times in 24 hours.
The man is from Australia, and he went to Japan to break the old record of 151 jumps. Setting this new record was not easy, but the man was pretty excited after all of the adrenaline hits.
Difficult words: adrenaline (hormone which makes your heart go faster when you do something that is very exciting), hit (quantity of the adrenaline).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you tried bungee jumping? What is it like?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.