One charger for all devices – level 2
A new EU law says that all mobile phones, tablets, and cameras will use the same charging port by 2024. The law will also apply to e-readers, earbuds, and laptops.
All devices will use the same port as Android devices. Apple will have to change its charging ports, which upsets the company. In the past, Apple said that changes to the charging ports would cost a lot of money and would be bad for innovation.
The new law will save thousands of tons of waste and millions of dollars. The changes will be more convenient for people because they won’t need different chargers for different devices.
Difficult words: innovation (new ideas or ways of doing things), waste (things which people throw away), convenient (easy to do or get).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos