Pandas in Washington – level 2
Giant pandas live in a few mountain ranges in central China. Their population is around 1,600. Another 300 giant pandas live in zoos.
At a zoo in Washington, one giant panda gave birth to a cub. About four hours later, a second cub arrived. Both of the twins looked safe, but people placed them in an incubator.
People inseminated the panda with sperm from two different male pandas. One of them is from China. We do not know who the father is.
The little pandas do not have names yet, and we do not know if they’re male or female.
Difficult words: range (a line of mountains), cub (a young panda), inseminate (to get pregnant by using medical tools).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like pandas?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.