People Hear a Private Chat – level 1
Here is news from Winnipeg. Winnipeg is in Canada. Two policemen are in a helicopter. They are on patrol. They chat. Their conversation is X-rated.
They are very unlucky. They do not know that the public address system is on. This means that many people on the ground can hear them.
This is very embarrassing. Some people talk about this on Twitter.
The Winnipeg Police apologises to people.
Difficult words: patrol (when you take a trip to see if everything is OK), X-rated (private; only for people who are over the age of 18 or 21), embarrassing (something embarrassing makes you feel bad).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.