People Hear a Private Chat – level 2
Two members of the Winnipeg Police Service were on a routine patrol over the Canadian city.
They were in a helicopter and accidentally activated the aircraft’s public address system. To say the least, what the public heard on the ground was interesting.
Some people took to Twitter to describe the experience. One tweet said: “That moment when you realise that you left the microphone on while you’re having an X-rated conversation in a police helicopter.”
The Winnipeg Police said that the officers could not hear the public address system from the helicopter, and apologised to all members of the public.
Difficult words: patrol (a trip when you look if everything’s OK), public address system (a powerful sound system which lets you talk to a lot of people), X-rated (private; only for people who are over the age of 18 or 21).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.