People Rescue a Truck – level 2
A truck in Nagaland state, India, was driving along a narrow road and it fell down a gorge. The local village officials asked the villagers for help. Many men came and they tried to pull the truck out of the gorge.
The gorge was 21 meters deep and the men did not have any machines which they could use. They used only ropes and vines to get the truck back on the road and they were singing during the rescue operation.
Officials said that the driver was very lucky because he did not suffer any injuries. People could watch a video of the operation on social media.
Difficult words: gorge (a narrow gap between hills or mountains through which a river or stream usually runs), vine (a plant whose parts look like ropes), rescue operation (an event when people try to bring somebody or something out of a dangerous situation).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos