Plane crashes into a house – level 1
A plane crashes into a house. It is a small plane. It crashes in the front of the house. It happens in Colorado, USA.
Only the pilot is on the plane. He is not injured. He can walk, but he still goes to hospital. Nobody is at home when the plane hits the house. Nobody is injured.
The plane damages the house. Firefighters are called. People investigate the accident. Some people saw the plane. They say that it had problems staying in the air.
Difficult words: injured (have problems with the body), damage (to break), investigate (try to understand what happened).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Can you fly a plane?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.