Protests in Washington – level 1
This news is from the USA. It is about a group. Its name is Democracy Spring. This group is against corruption in politics. It wants free and fair elections. Famous people help the group. An actor is one of them. His name is Mark Ruffalo.
The group plans to protest at the US Capitol. They protest every day for a week. The protests are calm. However, police do not like this protest. They arrest 400 people on the first day.
Difficult words: corruption (when leader of a country does something because people give him or her money), politics (the activity that the leaders of a country do), election (choosing the leaders of your country).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.