Putin Friend to the USA – level 1
This news is about Russia and America. America says that Russia does a cyberattack. It says that it is a cyberattack on Hillary Clinton’s election campaign.
US President Obama reacts to this. He tells 35 Russian diplomats to leave the USA. Sergey Lavrov is the Russian foreign minister. He wants to tell American diplomats to leave. Russian President Putin, however, does not want this.
American diplomats stay in Moscow. Putin wants to work with the USA.
Difficult words: cyberattack (an attack on a computer or computers), election campaign (when people show others why they should vote for them), foreign minister (the person who talks with other countries for his or her country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.