Referendum in Italy – level 2
In Italy, there was a referendum on constitutional reforms. For the Prime Minister Matteo Renzi it was very important to win the referendum. He lost and now he intends to resign.
He intends to call a cabinet meeting. He will thank his colleagues for their extraordinary work. Later he will go to the Presidential Palace. He will give his resignation to the president. This could bring political chaos into the country. It could also affect the rest of Europe.
Difficult words: constitutional reforms (changes connected with the system of laws in a country), intend (want), extraordinary (very good), resignation (a letter that you write when you want to finish your job).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.