Runners and Coronavirus – level 2
Many people like running outside; however, they do not know if it is safe or if there is a risk that they can catch the coronavirus from other runners.
Health experts say that people can run or walk outside; however, it is important to behave responsibly. If someone is ill, he should stay at home and not go out at all. Experts advise people to wear face masks in places where it is not possible to be at least 20 feet away from other people. If people walk or run past someone, the risk that they catch the coronavirus is low because the wind takes the virus away.
Experts say that the UV rays from the sun kill the coronavirus, so the risk is lower when it is sunny.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.