San Fermin Festival – level 1
The San Fermin Festival takes place every year. One million people visit San Fermin, Spain. There are bull runs at the festival in the morning. There are bullfights in the evening.
The festival divides people. Some people like it. Other people say that it is cruel. These people protest against the festival. They cover themselves with fake blood. They have buckets that say, “Pamplona: Bloodbath for Bulls.”
An animal rights organisation organises the protest. The organisation wants to end the festival. In Spain, around 50 bulls die every year.
Difficult words: take place (happen), divide (make into two groups), bloodbath (when many people/animals are killed).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.