Serial killer arrested – level 1
A boy from Brazil steals things. He is around 15 years old. Later, he thinks about killing people. When he is 17, he kills. His first victim is a woman.
He likes to kill. He kills for pleasure. He kills more and more people. His favourite victims are white women. He kills 42 people. Thirty-nine of them are women.
Police catch the man. He tells them all about this. He also says that his wife knows about the murders.
Difficult words: victim (a person who somebody or something attacks/kills), pleasure (good feelings), murder (the act of killing somebody).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos