Shop robbery – level 3
This shocking CCTV footage shows the moment a pregnant woman was punched to the ground during a shop robbery.
The woman who works as a cashier at a Boost Mobile store in Pensacola, Florida, greeted her attacker, as he entered the shop. Little did she know he would assault her.
In the video, a tall man walks into the store and engages with small talk with her before the attack.
He looks at his phone before approaching the counter and punches the woman in the face, knocking her to the ground.
He rushes around the counter to steal money from the till while the woman cries on the floor, pleading for him to leave. At one point, she claims she’s pregnant.
After he fled with an unknown amount of cash, the woman gets up with blood on her face in shock and crying for help.
Pensacola police who released this footage in an appeal for information said she was treated at a local hospital for her injuries.
Difficult words: CCTV footage (security camera video), punch (hit with your closed hand), little did she know (she did not know what would happen), assault (attack), small talk (normal conversation), rush (move quickly), till (cash register), claim (say), cry (to say something loudly), in an appeal (they are asking people for information).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.