Sinéad O’Connor dies – level 3
Irish singer Sinéad O’Connor, known for her hit 1990 single ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’, has passed away at the age of 56.
O’Connor’s family announced her death, expressing grief and emphasizing her impact on the music industry. Despite her fame, O’Connor faced personal struggles, including the loss of her son Shane and her battles with mental health. Her unique voice and willingness to express her beliefs made her a trailblazer for female artists. O’Connor’s recent years saw a revival in her career, highlighted by an award for her classic Irish album and a documentary chronicling her outspoken statements against various targets. Her memoir also revealed her childhood abuse, struggles, and experiences. Throughout her life, O’Connor’s spirituality played a significant role, leading her to convert to Islam in 2018.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What personal struggles had Sinéad O'Connor faced during her life?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.