Spiderwebs cover parts of Australia – level 1
The weather is very bad in southeastern Australia last week. It rains a lot. The wind is strong. Thousands of people must leave their homes. Several people die.
Then, people see something unusual outside after the rain. It looks like white blankets. The blankets are spiderwebs. Spiders catch flies and other food in them.
Spiders need to escape from the water. They make spiderwebs above the ground. When the rain stops, they fly away with the wind. They find a new place to stay.
These spiders are Red and Black Spiders. They are not dangerous for people. Some people still think that these spiderwebs are scary.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.