This Cat Can Jump 6 Feet – level 1
This story is about a cat. It lives in Chicago. A woman finds the cat in an alley. The woman takes the cat in. She names the cat Alley.
The cat has a special talent. The woman sees this. She helps the cat get better at the talent. In the beginning, the cat can jump two feet. Then it can jump three feet, four feet, five feet and then six feet!
The cat is a star. She sets a new Guinness World Record. The cat’s owner is a cat trainer.
Difficult words: alley (narrow street between or behind buildings), take in (to start to help somebody or something), trainer (somebody who helps people or animals get better at something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
How many feet can your cat jump?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos