Tokyo micro-apartments – level 3
Micro-apartments are places that are very small, have very few amenities, very little space, and not many of the home comforts that you’d associate with living in a bigger apartment and certainly in a house.
However, they’re becoming increasingly popular in the Japanese capital, particularly among younger people who’re just starting in the workplace and can’t afford rents for ordinary places, or they may be moving into Tokyo from out of town and want a cheap place to stay.
Each micro-apartment measures just nine square meters, which is under half the size of a typical studio apartment in Tokyo. The benefit’s that there’s zero deposit and no ‘key money’, a nonrefundable gift to the landlord. Monthly rents range from 380 to 610 dollars, depending on where in Tokyo you are.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What considerations should someone make before deciding to rent a micro-apartment?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.