Tornado in Venice – level 1
Here is news from Venice, Italy. A tornado hits the city. People film the tornado.
It kills one person. We do not know the person’s name. It is an elderly person. This person is in a car. The tornado moves the car in the air. Then, the car hits the ground.
The tornado injures thirty people. Three of those people are injured seriously. It badly damages homes. Many people cannot stay home.
Difficult words: elderly (old), injure (to make someone have problems with the body), damage (to break).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever seen a tornado?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos