Toy Saves a Boy’s Life – level 2
A boy was ill and doctors diagnosed him with a migraine and sent him home. His mother said that something was wrong because her son was acting differently. He was very angry and he was vomiting.
He drew a picture of the pain in his head on his Etch-A-Sketch and described it as a ‘lump’. His mother took a picture of his drawing and brought it to the doctors to highlight her worries.
Doctors did a brain scan and found that her son had a deadly brain tumour. They performed an operation, and he is now getting better at home.
Difficult words: Etch-A-Sketch (a toy where you can draw a temporary picture), lump (something in the body which could be a tumour), highlight (make obvious).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.