Train hits a plane – level 1
A plane flies from an airport in Los Angeles, US. It is a small plane. Only the pilot is inside. The plane has problems when it flies. The pilot must land. He lands the plane onto railroad tracks.
The pilot is inside the plane. He cannot move. Police officers arrive very quickly. They help the man. They talk to him.
One officer calls a company which runs trains in the area. All trains in the area must stop. Sadly, it does not happen. Bells start ringing. Lights start flashing. It means that a train is coming.
The officers quickly pull the pilot away. A train comes. It hits the plane. The officers save the pilot.
The pilot must go to hospital. He is okay. All people on the train are okay, too.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.