Tree man illness – level 1
A man in Bangladesh has an unusual skin illness. Its name is the tree man illness. The man’s hands look like little trees. Doctors in Bangladesh do a first operation on him. They operate on his right hand.
Doctors say that the man must have more operations. They want to operate on his left hand, too.
The doctors send small parts of his hands to America for tests. They want more information about the illness.
Only three people in the world have this illness – it is very rare.
Difficult words: illness (when you are sick), rare (not normal).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the tree man illness?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.