True Love – Level 2
A boy from England and a girl from Pakistan met on the Internet. They started to chat and they became good friends. After a few months, they fell in love with each other. They were happily in love for a few weeks, but the girl stopped writing to the boy one day. He waited and waited.
Weeks passed, and he still sat by his computer. He was still waiting for a message, but nothing came. He was worried about the girl. What if something happened to her? He felt that something was wrong. He read the old messages of love and cried a lot. The boy understood that their relationship was over.
The boy started university after a few years.
He stayed away from girls. His heart could not be broken again. There was this one girl he met, though. She was beautiful and he thought that she liked him. She seemed special to him. He came to her and told her that he liked her. The girl didn’t like him.
The boy said, “I’m sorry. I didn’t want to make you feel bad.”
The girl said, “You did nothing wrong. I am just in love with somebody else.”
The boy said, “Oh right, I’m sorry. You’re already taken.”
The girl said, “Not really. I fell in love with a boy three years ago. He was from here, but something happened and I had to leave him. I started studying here so I could find him.”
The boy said, “Wow! Something similar happened to me as well!”
The girl said, “Really? What was her name?”
The boy said, “Alisha.” He looked down at the girl’s book. He saw that it was labelled ‘Alisha’.
They hugged and started crying.
The boy said,”Why did you leave me?”
The girl said, “I had a car accident. I was in hospital for a year. I fully recovered six months ago. Everybody thought that I was going to die, but I was thinking of you. That kept me alive. I decided to come here and surprise you. You told me that you wanted to go to this university, so I applied here, too.”
Do you like this story?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.