True Love – Level 3
A guy from England and a girl from Pakistan met online, gradually chatted regularly and became good friends. After a few months, they expressed their love for each other. They were happily in love for a few weeks, until one day when suddenly the girl stopped responding to the guy’s messages. He waited and waited.
Weeks passed, and he still sat by his computer awaiting her messages, but nothing happened.
He was scared something had happened to her, as his heart felt like it had, but eventually he accepted the fact that their relationship was over. He was heartbroken. He cried himself to sleep every day reading her old messages of love.
After a few years, he started university.
After all these years, he stayed away from girls because he couldn’t stand the heartbreak, but one girl took his fancy, a beautiful girl. It was weird as he never even looked at girls before, but there was something special about her. So he approached her, but he was rejected instantly.
The guy said, “I’m sorry, if I offended you by saying I liked you.”
The girl said, “It’s not your fault. It’s just that I’m already in love with someone.”
The guy said, “Oh right, I’m sorry. You’re already taken.”
The girl said, “Actually no. I fell in love with a boy three years ago. He was from here, but due to the circumstances I had to leave him,. Now under an excuse to study I have come here in search of him.”
The guy said, “Wow! Actually, I’ve been through something similar!”
The girl said, “Really? What was her name?”
The guy said, “Alisha.” When he looked down at the girl’s book, he saw it was labelled ‘Alisha’.
They embraced each other and burst into tears!
The guy said, “Why did you leave me?”
The girl said, “I had a car accident, and I was in the hospital paralysed for a year. I only fully recovered 6 months ago. Everyone thought I was going to die, but the thought of seeing you kept me alive. When I got better, I planned to come and see you to surprise you. You told me you would want to go to only this university, so I applied here too.”
Do you like this story?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.