Turtle and Cocaine – level 1
A person in a plane sees something in the ocean. It is contraband. The person sends the coast guard to check it.
The guard finds a turtle and 800 kilograms of cocaine. The cocaine is in 26 packs. The packs are connected with a line. The turtle is caught in the line. It cannot swim away. It needs help.
The people help the turtle. They cut it free. Then they confiscate the cocaine.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.